11 years working as a professional translator, including:
– 1 year in-house as Translator / Life Sciences Lead at SDL International
– 1 year in-house as Translation Checker / Translator at Eclipse Translations (RWS Group)
– 1 year spent living in Dakar, Senegal, teaching ESL + helping to develop the Translation Unit of the British-Senegalese Institute, as well as translating for Oxfam GB
– 8 years as a freelance translator specialising in Pharmaceutical, Medical, IT / Cloud Solutions, Automotive, Agricultural Machinery, Business
– Translation experience prior to working in the industry includes 3 years working as a Voluntary Translator for the Institute of Race Relations
– Interpreting experience: 2 years working as NHS Primary Care Trust Interpreter.
Other time abroad includes:
– 1 year as British Council Language Assistant at Lycée Jules Renard, Nevers, France
– 6 months at Centro de Lenguas Modernas, Universidad de Granada, Spain
– 3 months living in Portugal
– 2 years in Mojácar, Almería, Spain
Interests include mindfulness, hiking, running, guitar playing. Previous musical collaborations include Kosala (Congolese rumba band with Leeds/Bradford-based asylum seekers, singing in French and Lingala; I-Science, a Dakar reggae band singing in French, Italian, English and Wolof).