Jose Blazquez Gonzalez
Mobile Phone: 07927282357
- Arts and Literature
- Copywriting and Transcreation
- Education and Training
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language Teaching
- Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Travel and Tourism
- Ad Hoc
- Public Service
– Master’s in ICT applied to language processing and language teaching. Specialised in Translation Technologies. Studied at Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia – UNED (Spain) and as an exchange student at UGent, Belgium. Dissertation on the limitations of Machine Translation. Grade: 8.9 out of 10.
– University degree in English Studies. Specialised in Linguistics and Translation. Studied at Studied at Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia – UNED (Spain). Grade: 8.1 out of 10
– Diploma in Multimedia Translation: Dubbing, subtitling and accesibility. Studied at Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia – UNED (Spain).
– Cambridge’s Certificate in Profociency English (C2).
– Introduction to clinical interpretation CPD.
– Japanese Language Proficiency Test Noken 4.
I am a newbie translator and interpreter who moved to the UK last December, after finishing my Master’s studies. During my University years, I worked part-time as a translator, interpreter and language teacher for several years. After relocating to the UK, when I secured a couple of roles as a Spanish language assistant and getting experience as a volunteer translator and interpreter in a local charity, I thought it was the perfect time to start focusing on my freelance career and try to develop it. As I’m new to the freelance world and the area (Greater Manchester), there are many things I’m unfamiliar with, hence why I thought becoming a member in NWTN could be quite advantageous for me. I am also interested in becoming a mentee and take part in the mentorship program if possible, as I believe it could benefit me greatly to get the hang of things in freelancing.
I have been in touch with Laurence through email and she encouraged me to complete this form and send it.
Thank you very much for this opportunity, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Jose Blázquez González