Mobile Phone: 07595 189829
- Business, Commerce and Finance
- Cultural Consultancy
- Education and Training
- European Union and International Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Health and Safety
- Language Teaching
- Marketing and Advertising
- Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Travel and Tourism
- Ad Hoc
- Public Service
MA Translating (French English) (University of Salford)
BA Hons French Studies (University of Manchester) (First class honours)
Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists
Associate of Institute of Translation and Interpreting
I am a full-time freelance French translator and interpreter, based in Manchester, specialising in legal, business and medical fields and have a wealth of experience working within both the public and private sector.
I have a Masters in Translation, a Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) (law option), and a first-class honours degree in French Studies. I am a full member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and an Associate of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
In March 2012, I expanded from a sole trader to a Limited Company supporting commercial clients as well as continuing to work in the legal and medical arenas.
Significant commercial projects have included:
– Translation and interpreting for a manufacturing client to support an offshoring exercise to a francophone country.
– Simultaneous interpreting at conference on impact of parental imprisonment on children
– Interpreting during health & safety training for foreign employees in the power industry
-Interpreting for 9 mental health stakeholders during a 3-day visit to the UK as part of a research project piloted by the World Health Organisation
– Interpreting for film crew shooting a documentary on asteroids
– Interpreting at sales and procurement events
– Interpreting at TV shoots with high profile sports personalities
– Transcription work for Channel 4
– Translation of legal, commercial and technical documents enabling a high-profile organisation in the aviation sector to submit a tender. The organisation was subsequently awarded the contract.
For further details regarding my interpreting work, please read the following article published in December 2019 in the Guardian.
Training events attended (CPD)
– CIOL: Terms and Conditions for Translators
– NWTN: Trados beginners training session, Proofreading training session
– Freedom from Torture quarterly interpreter meetings
– Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust interpreter training workshop
– Refugee Action induction training for interpreters
– Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit training event on interpreting for the
Home Office/UK Border Agency
– Manchester City Council training in code of practice for interpreters
Training events participated in
During these sessions, run by Freedom from Torture, I played the role of the interpreter during role plays and gave the trainees the interpreter’s perspective on working in these settings
– Using Interpreters in Psychological Settings, Lancaster University
– Working Therapeutically through Interpreters with Survivors of Torture, Touchstone IAPT Service, Leeds
– Working Therapeutically through Interpreters, Inclusion Matters, Psychological Therapies Services, Liverpool
Please note, I also offer proof-reading, voice-over and French tuition.